.
I'll launch straight into it...Reasons are pretty straightforward:
0. You read that right...this bullet is numbered ZERO. The move to Bangalore is EMOTIONAL...PERIOD. Now that I think about it, "emotional" and "reasons" cannot be part of the same sentence...dont you think? Therefore here come the EXCUSES to go back to Bangalore!
1. We would like to spend time with our parents in the evening of their lives...AND we're not kidding ourselves when we say that. We know it'll not be possible to meet daily etc,. but atleast can be around and available within a 2 hour radius when necessary. Ofcourse the bigger reason is that both our moms cook the most fantastic food on the planet and we've missed too much of it for too long!
2. We can grow in our respective careers...Silvi probably more so than Silva. Both of us are very aware that Bangalore has changed a lot and so have we...I think it's time for re-calibration and preventive maintenance because the alternative is too expensive (emotionally more than financially).
3. Spend time with friends....HAHAHA....you must be thinking - Yeah Right!...and you're probably right too... We both have very low expectations that most people (all but our closest friends) have moved on and changed...for starters, all we're looking for is meeting close friends every couple of months. I'm bloody sure we can accomplish that!
To most people, it is a decision to be made around what city they'd like to settle into when they return to India. For us, it's a no-brainer (literally - at last count, I had three and a half brain cells left).
So just to put it on paper, electrons, ether, whatever - it boils down to the above "reasons" for going back to Bangalore:
1. Parents live in Bangalore and we both were born and brought up in Bangalore
2. Schooled, colleged, careered (!) (initially atleast) in Bangalore...so 80 % of memories, friends are from there.
3. We MET in Bangalore...good old Hosur Road was our constant companion...lotsa nostalgia from there. Dang it!!...did I just say "Nostalgia" and "Hosur Road" in the same sentence? :-)
4. Just managed (and BARELY MANAGED if I might add) to buy an apartment so we have a roof over our head. Initially, thought it'd be a good investment vehicle....HAHA...now it's saving our asses!
I hope I have the energy and motivation to describe the journey as much as possible...I think I do, if I am nutty enough to write and publish this at 5:00 am EST.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment